Thursday, August 28, 2008

Parkway Shmarkway

Now let me inform you all about this question, I was asked to submit a question on
another blog whom I wont mention their name we will just call this blogger umm JAG.
This blogger asked for us HER readers for 10 questions. I thought I was being kind in
only submitting one! (boy was I wrong). Now I have to answer my own question, and I'm sure a few others that HER readers put up! But do I mind NO! for not only do I love to give the answers and do the research I enjoy helping HER out (you see she has issues)
OK here we go!

Q: Where in the hell do they call Highways, Parkways?

This wasn't the question that I asked but I will get to that in a minute.

A: Anywhere, where a PUBLIC HIGHWAY (as apposed to a Private highway) has a wide stretch
of grassy area on both sides and often divided by a grassy median!.

Now that wasn't the question I asked her so before she figures that out I will answer it also!

The question was, Q: why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

See she does get confused easily.

A: Because we Americans are NUTS, we do strange things like spell comb with a "B"?
We call buildings, buildings and they are built, done, finished?
We call a blog a blog. When we should call it "Ramblings of people with nothing better to do"

but I guess the real reason is because we can and no one can stop us! God bless this crazy country!!


I hope that this clears it up for you.

No comments: