Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Joe Wants to know?

I tell you I love this guy, Practically Joe you are the bomb! You always give me good questions, I even had to do a search for one of the pictures for this post. (its the little one) But here let me tell you what that little picture is, then we will jump to the question. That little guy there is a Woodchuck, also known as a Groundhog. Yep one and the same, I bet you Joe you did not know that did you? He is eating an apple just so you can get a grasp on his size.

Okay, Now Joe wants to know how much wood a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. (and yes I can and have said that 5 times fast, you should try it). Okay well we know by the saying that a woodchuck can't chuck wood. but lets break it down here a little bit. Okay it is about 18 inches long and on all fours is only about 4 maybe5 inches tall. A stout little guy though. He ways about 5 lbs on the outside I would say. He eats grass (and apples) so he is like a little cow. Have you ever tried to man handle a cow, I'm talking your run of the mill cow, not a bucking bull here. You would be surprised how strong they really are. So in an 8 hour time frame if you could get the wood small enough for it to handle I bet it could do a pile about 1 foot high by 2 feet wide by 2 feet long. to give you an idea of how much that is a cord of wood is 4' by 4' by 8'. So you could say he would be his weight in wood! Now before you ask I will answer the next question. You were going to ask; Well then how much rock could a rock chuck chuck if a rock chuck could chuck rock?. This is a simple question with a complicated answer. Who the hell knows, I do know this though they can eat the shit out of a golf course and dig a hole in the greens big enough to give the ground keeper fits (yes I have seen this) The picture below is a picture I took of a rock chuck on a golf course this summer! and they (there were two for sure) had a couple of holes that had to give fits to the golfers, I bet more than one ball was lost down them. And if you see their teeth you wouldn't want to stick your hand down there to retrieve it!


D/S

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Your dedication to your questions amaze me! lol.

Practically Joe said...

And now I know!
Good work Ken!